Jeans are a wardrobe staple for a reason: they’re comfortable, flattering, and go with everything.But if you’re looking for a way to add a little more jazz to your denim wardrobe, well, look no further. I’ve gathered a few amazing denim DIYs featuring lace, studs, paint, and polka dots with a signature style that is sure to turn heads. Click through to check ‘em out!
- Sequins/Studs: Sequins & studs are a fun and flashy way to jazz up your jeans. They are available in unimaginable variations. Simply purchase the sequins/Studs that you like and either stitch or glue them onto the desired area of your jeans! As simple as that 😉
- Lace-ify ‘em: Adding lace to a pair of jeans adds a classy feel to even the drabbest pair of denim. Lace can either be sewn on or glued on with a strong fabric adhesive. Lacework looks best around the cuffs of the jeans.
- Glitter print fun: Everyone loves a little glitter here and there. They instantly brighten up the most boring pair of jeans. The trick is in using doilies and gold fabric paint.
- Polka Dot Jeans: This is my personal favorite! ❤️❤️❤️ Polka dot denim is very stylish. To add polka dots to your jeans all you need is your desired color of fabric paint and a pencil with an eraser. Dip the pencil eraser into the fabric paint and then apply it to the denim and there you have it, polka dot patterned jeans! If you want a different size of polka dot you could follow the instructions below.
- Embroidered pockets: these have become a very popular fashion trend. All you have to do is choose a lovely fabric, preferably a lace design and stitch it onto the pocket. .The result is a nicely embellished pocket.
- Bleach: These are an 80’s favorite! Spray a little bleach on an old pair of jeans and you’ll be left with a tie-dye looking pair of jeans that will look great paired with your favorite vintage band t-shirt. Or you could go one step further and add a few Aztec print painting on the area that you’ve bleached. These jeans are sure to transform you into a true trendsetter. 😉
- Punk Inspired Ripped Jeans: Are you the punk type? Then you are sure to like this DIY idea! Turn old skinny jeans into a punky fashion piece by ripping them and writing cool stuff all over them using a permanent marker. It could be your favorite lyrics, quotes or even let your friends write something on it!
(all images are from Pinterest)
What are some of your favorite ways to DIY jeans? Share with us in the comments below!
© throughmyrosetingedglasses 2017. All content provided on this blog is property of Shahani/throughmyrosetingedglasses. Using the ideas and content without permission of the site’s author/owner, for any reason is strictly prohibited and considered as intended copyrights infringement.